Greater Jefferson County Historical Societies World War I Exhibit Opening
May 13, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Hoard Historical Museum
This exhibit will feature narratives and artifacts from many communities in the county. At 10:30 a.m. Russell Horton, Archivist at the Wisconsin Veterans Museum, will be speaking about the history of World War I and how to research your family’s military genealogy as part of our Saturday Morning Scholars program. A World War I documentary will be screened at 1 p.m.
Be sure to stop by the Hoard Museum and the following area museums to learn about how the Great War affected their community
The Countywide WWI Exhibit will be on display through Labor Day. Contact the individual Jefferson County museums for more information on their offerings and open hours.
- Bark River Woods Historical Society: 920-563-4773, BRWHSfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Cambridge: 920-563-9095, email@example.com
- Fort Atkinson Historical Society & Hoard Historical Museum: 920-563-7769, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jefferson Historical Society: 920-674-7731, email@example.com
- Johnson Creek Historical Society: 920-699-2325, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lake Mills/Aztalan Historical Society: 920-648-4632, email@example.com
- Palmyra Historical Society: 262-495-2412, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rome/Sullivan Historical Society: 920-563-7171
- Waterloo Historical Society: 920-478-8015, email@example.com
- Watertown Historical Society: 920-261-2796, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Whitewater Historical Society: 262-743-6820, email@example.com